Dive deep into the heart of Georgian traditional winemaking, see the country's fascinating natural sceneries ranging from magical valleys to gorgeous mountain ranges, experience the past coming to live and listen to history told by fortresses, monasteries and towns built-in into the rocks. Touring Georgia is compared to a theme park visit, where every day there are new impressions and new emotions. Our small group Georgia tour will prove you that legends and myths surrounding this Caucasian country are all true. Well... almost.
Participants need to be in good health, be able to walk on average 4-6 hours every day at moderate speed, climb stairs and low hills.
Having enjoyed the hospitality of our hosts, we will drive to the royal town of Sighnaghi, which is surrounded by defensive walls with 23 towers and was an important point on the Great Silk Road. We will also visit the Bodbe Convent – according to legend, this is the burial place of St. Nino, who converted Georgia to Christianity in the 4th century. We will arrive in the capital of Georgia at about 18:30–19:30. Overnight at the hotel.
Driving distance: 270 km
Duration of sightseeing tour: 4-5 hours
Driving distance: 5 km
Continue to Mtskheta, one of the oldest towns in Georgia and the country’s cultural and religious center. Mtskheta was the capital of the Eastern Georgian Kingdom of Iberia from the 3rd century BC. Visit Svetitskhoveli, the main cathedral of Mtskheta and a sacred place where the robe of Christ is kept. Next, drive over the Cross Pass and make a short stop at the Soviet-era “People’s Friendship” mountain view point, which overlooks a deep gorge of the Caucasus Mountains. In Kazbegi, switch to a four-wheel drive vehicle to reach Gergeti Holy Trinity Church (located at an altitude of 2,170 m) and enjoy breathtaking views of Mount Kazbegi. Reach Gudauri at about 19:00 for overnight at the hotel.
Driving distance: 210 km
Meals: lunch and dinner
Duration of sightseeing tour: 9-10 hours
Driving distance: 250 km
If you would like to explore other destinations of Georgia, we can offer private day tours from Tbilisi:
For wine lovers
Sample delicious Georgian wines and learn about the local winemaking traditions at the cradle of Georgian wine, the Kakheti Region.
One-Day Kakheti Wine Tour from Tbilisi
Canyons and natural sites
Explore the breathtaking scenery of the Samegrelo region by visiting one of the most memorable places in Georgia, Martvili Canyon.
Martvili Canyon Day Tour
Immerse yourself in beautiful nature and enjoy quality hiking time in the vicinities of Tbilisi, Birtvisi.
Day Hike to Birtvisi Canyon
Sightseeing tour to cave monastery
Experience the beauty of an ancient cave town and mysterious fortresses with one day to Varzdzia.
Vardzia and Rabati Fortress Tour
If you would like to spend the free day in Tbilisi, we suggest the following activities and places to visit in Tbilisi:
- Georgian National Museum on Rustaveli Avenue – to visit the “Archaeological Treasury” exhibition;
- National Gallery on Rustaveli Avenue – to see the works of the famous Georgian artists Niko Pirosmani, David Kakabadze, and Lado Gudiashvili;
- Tbilisi flea market at Dry Bridge – where you can find antiquities (many of which are from the Soviet era), paintings by local artists, and handmade Georgian souvenirs;
- David Agmashenebeli Avenue – a recently-renovated pedestrian street full of historical buildings that have beautiful facades in the art nouveau, pseudo gothic, and classicist styles with a mix of typical Georgian ornamentation and balconies. All along the street there are plenty of cozy art cafés, galleries, shops, and wine bars;
- Dezertirebi Bazaar – which sells local, natural products including Georgian sweets (such as churchkhela); various types of dried fruits, nuts, and spices; and Georgian cheeses;
- Funicular railway to Mtatsminda Mountain – which offers a beautiful view of Tbilisi;
- Wander in Sololaki – a neighborhood full of art nouveau houses;
- In the evening, you can visit the famous Tbilisi sulphur bath houses to relax in the hot, naturally sulphur-enriched water after a long day of exploring (both public and private rooms are available, but private ones should be booked in advance).
- For those who are interested in culture, we suggest visiting the State Opera House of Georgia to enjoy a ballet or opera performance (opera.ge). You can find out what other cultural events are on in Tbilisi, and book tickets, at tkt.ge.
- Advantour offers a culinary masterclass on traditional Georgian food in Tbilisi. The masterclass includes 3-4 dishes and snacks and takes 4-5 hours. It should be booked in advance. The price is 60 USD per person.
- All transfers, incl. airport;
- Accommodation in 4* hotels with breakfasts included;
- English-speaking tour guide;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- One dinner, three lunches, six breakfasts;
- Welcome dinner with folk show;
- Wine tasting in Tsinandali;
- Bottled drinking water.
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Surcharge for staying in a single room.
Dates & Prices
100% guaranteed departures – even if there is only 1 traveler.
Group size: 1-16 persons