For a short trip through the Caucasus, this is the best tour for exploring the most in a limited amount of time. In just 5 days, you will go from the shores of the Caspian Sea to the heights of the Caucasus Mountains, learning all about the history and culture of the region as you travel. Start with Baku, a modern city with ancient roots, and nearby Gobustan, where petroglyphs have been preserved on the rock walls for millennia. Continue to Tbilisi, a charming city home to a number of world-class restaurants and landmarks, before heading up to the mountains. Stop at the church in Mtskheta, the castle in Ananuri, and climb up to the Gergeti Trinity Church, high up in the mountains near Mount Kazbek. From the prehistoric to the medieval to the modern day, you’ll cover the best of the Caucasus in five days.
Your Azerbaijan – Georgia tour starts with a sightseeing tour in Baku. Visit Martyrs’ Lane, called ‘Shehidler Khiyabany’ among locals. When you walk through Martyrs’ Lane, you will find a beautiful view overlooking Baku’s coastline. Continue touring new Baku and exploring architecture of 19 – 20th centuries: Nizami Street, Fountain Square, Nizami Ganjavi monument, Rasul-Zade Street. Pay a visit to Azerbaijan History National Museum and move to the old part of the city – Icheri Sheher. Visit Maiden Tower, Shirvanshahs’ Palace, Caravanserai, and market square with numerous art studios and souvenir stalls. The city tour will be rounded-up with an exciting excursion in National Carpets Museum, the richest bank of Azeri carpets. Overnight at the hotel.
Take an evening flight to Tbilisi. On arrival, transfer to the hotel for overnight.
Return to Tbilisi for a sightseeing tour. Visit the monument to Vakhtang Gorgasali, the legendary founder of Tbilisi. Take cable car to Narikala Fortress to enjoy breathtaking panoramic view of the city. Walk down to the district of Sulphur bath houses passing by the only mosque in Tbilisi. Stroll through the Sharden area full of narrow streets with cozy cafés, wine tasting bars, souvenir shops, and breathe in the living past. Visit Sioni Cathedral, Anchiskhati Basilica, and the clock tower of famous Rezo Gabriadze Theatre and cross the Bridge of Peace leading to Rike Park. In the evening, visit a local restaurant to taste dishes of traditional Georgian cuisine and enjoy folklore show. Overnight in Tbilisi.
- All transfers (5 pax by Mercedes Vito or similar, 6 pax by Mercedes Sprinter passenger van);
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program in each country with local English-speaking guides;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Wine tasting in Kakheti region, Georgia;
- E-visa to Azerbaijan;
- Mineral water;
- Dinner and folklore show in Tbilisi (day 3).
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Visa support letter and consular fees for visas to Georgia;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Baku – Tbilisi flight ticket;
- International flight tickets before and after the tour;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated.
|Baku - 1 night|
|Azcot, Amber, Central Park or similar||Holiday Inn, Intourist, Park Inn or similar|
|Tbilisi - 3 nights|
|Kopala, Tiflis, Brigitte or similar||Tiflis Palace, Rooms, Ambassadori, Mercure, Shota Rustaveli Boutique Hotel or similar|