Dive deep into the colors and cultures of the Caucasus with this eight-day tour, designed to visit the best of these three countries in a short trip. Explore Azerbaijan, the Land of Fire, a warm welcome to the Caucasus; Georgia, where toasts and richly-laid tables are an important part of the culture; and Armenia, the first state in the world to adopt Christianity as its official religion. Go from ancient fortresses to prehistoric petroglyphs, cathedrals and monasteries to lakes and meadows, mountain vineyards to cosmopolitan restaurants. Discover everyday life and historical treasures in these similar yet different corners of this region on the South Caucasus in One Week Tour.
Start a sightseeing tour in Baku. Visit Martyrs’ Lane, called ‘Shehidler Khiyabany’ among locals. When you walk through Martyrs’ Lane, you will find a beautiful view overlooking Baku’s coastline. Continue touring new Baku and exploring architecture of 19-20th centuries: Nizami Street, Fountain Square, Nizami Ganjavi monument. Pay a visit to Azerbaijan History National Museum and move to Icheri Sheher, the old part of the city. Visit Maiden Tower, Shirvanshahs’ Palace, Caravanserai, and market square with numerous art studios and souvenir stalls. An excellent round-up to the city tour will be a visit to the National Carpets Museum, the richest bank of Azeri carpets. Overnight at the hotel.
Return to Tbilisi for a sightseeing tour. Visit the monument to Vakhtang Gorgasali, the legendary founder of Tbilisi. Visit Narikala Fortress to enjoy breathtaking panoramic view of the city. Walk down to the district of Sulphur bath houses passing by the only mosque in Tbilisi. Stroll through the Sharden area full of narrow streets with cozy cafés, wine tasting bars, souvenir shops, and breathe in the living past. Visit Sioni Cathedral, Anchiskhati Basilica, and the clock tower of famous Rezo Gabriadze Theatre and cross the Bridge of Peace leading to Rike Park. In the evening, visit a local restaurant to taste dishes of traditional Georgian cuisine and enjoy folklore show. Overnight in Tbilisi.
Drive to Lori region and visit Haghpat monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This stunning example of Armenian traditional architecture erected in 10-13th centuries stands on a hillside beautifully overlooking the Debed River. Drive to Lake Sevan, “The Jewel of Armenia” and one of the largest high-mountain freshwater lakes in the world. The coastline of Lake Sevan is rich with thick woods, white bare steep rocks, mountain steppes and Alpine meadows. Stop at Sevanavank to visit the remnants of the monastery that include two temples – Surb Arakelots and Surb Karapet standing among numerous khachkars. The buildings were constructed from black tuff which probably gave the monastery its name Sevanavank – “the Black Monastery”. The view from there is simply magnificent: the mountains surround lake from all sides and snow tops are seen almost on the entire perimeter and disappear behind the horizon. Reach the capital of Armenia for overnight at the hotel.
* The site is presently under renovation works, so it can be partially visited.
- All transfers (1-2 pax by sedan, 3-5 pax by Mercedes Vito or similar, 6-15 pax by Mercedes Sprinter passenger van);
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program in each country with local English-speaking guides;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Wine tasting in Kakheti region, Georgia;
- Brandy tasting in Yerevan, Armenia;
- Dinner and folklore show in Tbilisi (day 3), and Yerevan (day 6);
- E-visa to Azerbaijan;
- Economy class airline ticket Baku-Tbilisi.
- Full board (lunch and dinner);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Visa support letter and consular fees for visas to Georgia and Armenia;
- International flight tickets before and after the tour;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- Personal travel insurance.
|Baku - 1 night|
|Central Park, Azcot or similar||Holiday Inn, Intourist or similar|
|Tbilisi - 3 nights|
|Tiflis or similar||River Side, Citrus or similar|
|Yerevan - 3 nights|
|Cascade, Silachi or similar||Double Tree by Hilton, Opera Suite or similar|