Your trip begins in Baku, where you will tour the main sights of Azerbaijan’s capital. After being presented with an overview of the city, stroll through the newer neighborhoods before finishing up in Baku’s famous Old Town. Leave Baku the next day to continue sightseeing in Sheki, Lahij and Kish. Cross over into Georgia, where you will be welcomed with wine tasting in Kakheti followed by a tour of the region’s main sights. The trip will conclude with an excursion around the streets of charming Tbilisi.
Start sightseeing tour in Baku. Visit Martyrs' Lane, called ‘Shehidler Khiyabany’ among locals. When you walk through Martyrs' Lane, you will find a beautiful view overlooking Baku’s coastline. Continue touring new Baku and exploring architecture of 19-20th centuries: Nizami Street, Fountain Square, Nizami Ganjavi monument, Rasul-Zade Street. Pay a visit to Azerbaijan History National Museum and move to the old part of the city - Icheri Sheher, Visit Maiden Tower, Shirvanshahs’ Palace, Caravanserai, and market square with numerous art studios and souvenir stalls. An excellent end to the city tour is a visit to the richest collection of Azeri carpets – National Carpets Museum.
In the evening, enjoy dinner at traditional Azeri restaurant. Overnight at the hotel.
We will pass through the beautiful landscapes of vineyards and wine-producing villages. First stop will be at Winery Khareba, located in a tunnel carved out of rock. Originally built for military purposes, today the tunnel is used to store Kakheti’s finest wines. Wine tour and wine tasting. Continue to Gremi architectural complex, a 16th century royal residence and the capital of the Kakheti Kingdom. Then reach Telavi, administrative center of Kakheti region. Have a short drive around the town. Overnight at the hotel.
- All transfers (1-2 pax by sedan, 3-4 pax by Mercedes Vito or similar, 5-10 pax by Mercedes Sprinter passenger van);
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program in each country with local English-speaking guides;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Wine tasting in Kakheti region, Georgia;
- Mineral water 0.5l per person a day;
- Azerbaijan e-visa.
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- International flight tickets before and after the tour;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- Personal travel insurance.
|Baku - 1 night|
|Azcot, Amber, Central Park or similar||Holiday Inn, Sheraton Baku Intourist, Park Inn or similar|
|Sheki - 1 night|
|Ruma Qala, Issam||Sheki Saray, Sheki Palace, Marxal or similar|
|Telavi - 1 night|
|Old Telavi, Hotel Tela||Akhasheni Wine Resort, Chateau Mere, Lopota Lake Resort or similar|
|Tbilisi - 2 nights|
|Kopala, Tiflis, Brigitte or similar||Tiflis Palace, Rooms, Ambassadori, Mercure, Shota Rustaveli Boutique or similar|