Start your tour in Baku, Azerbaijan, with visits to the main sights of this seaside city. Start with an overview of the city, then move through the newer neighborhoods before finishing up in the Old Town. The next day, head out of Baku, and continue sightseeing with Shekim plus several important sights on the way. Cross over into Georgia, where you begin your trip with a wine tasting in Kakheti, before visiting the main sights of the region and around Tbilisi. Finish your trip by criss-crossing the streets of charming Tbilisi.
Start sightseeing tour in Baku. Visit Martyrs' Lane, called ‘Shehidler Khiyabany’ among locals. When you walk through Martyrs' Lane, you will find a beautiful view overlooking Baku’s coastline. Continue touring new Baku and exploring architecture of 19-20th centuries: Nizami Street, Fountain Square, Nizami Ganjavi monument, Rasul-Zade Street. Pay a visit to Azerbaijan History National Museum and move to the old part of the city - Icheri Sheher, Visit Maiden Tower, Shirvanshahs’ Palace, Caravanserai, and market square with numerous art studios and souvenir stalls. An excellent end to the city tour is a visit to the richest collection of Azeri carpets – National Carpets Museum.
In the evening, enjoy dinner at traditional Azeri restaurant. Overnight at the hotel.
We will pass through the beautiful landscapes of vineyards and wine-producing villages. First stop will be at Winery Khareba, located in a tunnel carved out of rock. Originally built for military purposes, today the tunnel is used to store Kakheti’s finest wines. Wine tour and wine tasting. Continue to Gremi architectural complex, a 16th century royal residence and the capital of the Kakheti Kingdom. Then reach Telavi, administrative center of Kakheti region. Have a short drive around the town. Overnight at the hotel.
- All transfers (1-2 pax by sedan, 3-4 pax by Mercedes Vito or similar, 5-10 pax by Mercedes Sprinter passenger van);
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program in each country with local English-speaking guides;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Wine tasting in Kakheti region, Georgia;
- Mineral water 0.5l per person a day;
- Azerbaijan e-visa.
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- International flight tickets before and after the tour;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- Personal travel insurance.
|Baku - 1 night|
|Central Park, Azcot or similar||Holiday Inn, Intourist or similar|
|Sheki - 1 night|
|Issam||Sheki Saray, Sheki Palace or similar|
|Telavi - 1 night|
|Old Telavi, Alaznis Veli or similar||Château Mere, Erekle II or similar|
|Tbilisi - 2 nights|
|Tiflis or similar||River Side, Citrus or similar|