Discover the unique world of Caucasian hospitality with this tour to Azerbaijan and Georgia. Immerse yourself in the enchanting array of colors, tastes and impressions to be found in these two countries. There is everything you need for an unforgettable trip to Azerbaijan and Georgia: mild climate, scenic landscapes, ancient monuments, and delicious dishes. Visit the Palace of the Shirvanshahs in Baku, the mystical temple of fire worshippers in Ateshgah, the best of Georgian wines in Kakheti, the ancient cave city of Uplistsikhe and more, all in this eight-day tour.
At noon, start sightseeing tour in Baku. Visit Martyrs’ Lane, called ‘Shehidler Khiyabany’ among locals. When you walk through Martyrs’ Lane, you will find a beautiful view overlooking Baku’s coastline. Continue touring new Baku and exploring architecture of the 19-20th centuries: Nizami Street, Fountain Square, Nizami Ganjavi monument, Rasul-Zade Street. Move to the old part of the city – Icheri Sheher. Visit Maiden Tower, Shirvanshahs’ Palace, Caravanserai, and market square with numerous art studios and souvenir stalls. An excellent round-up to the city tour will be visit to the iconic Heydar Aliyev center, which is in a quirky building designed by Iraqi-British architect Zaha Hadid.
In the evening enjoy welcome dinner at local restaurant. Overnight at hotel.
Return to Baku. Overnight at hotel.
Continue driving to Sheki. On the way, visit the first Albanian church in Caucasus in the village Kish, dating back to the 1st century AD. Arrival in Sheki for overnight.
We will pass through the beautiful landscapes of vineyards and wine-producing villages. Enjoy a traditional lunch in a Georgian family. The next stop will be at unique Winery Khareba located in the tunnel carved out of the rock. Originally built for military purposes, today the tunnel is used to store Kakheti’s finest wines. Wine tour and wine tasting. Continue to Gremi architectural complex, 16th century royal residence and the capital of Kakheti Kingdom. Then reach Telavi, administrative center of Kakheti region. Have a short drive around the town. Overnight at the hotel.
- All transfers (1-2 pax by sedan, 3-5 pax by Mercedes Vito or similar, 6-15 pax by Mercedes Sprinter passenger van);
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program in each country with local English-speaking guides;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Wine tasting in Kakheti region, Georgia;
- E-visa to Azerbaijan;
- Mineral water;
- Lunch in a Georgian family (day 4);
- Dinners in Baku (day 1) and Tbilisi (day 6).
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Visa support letter and consular fees for visa to Georgia;
- Personal travel insurance;
- International flight tickets before and after the tour;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated.