Visit all nine UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the South Caucasus on this fascinating 16-day tour. In Azerbaijan, explore the old walled city of Baku, ancient rock art of Gobustan, and traditional architecture of Sheki. Continue to Georgia’s Gelati Monastery, historic Mtskheta churches, and mysterious Upper Svaneti region, before discovering Armenia’s ancient monasteries and rock-cut churches. Also visit many of the region’s other historical, scenic, and cultural attractions, including mud volcanoes, mountain villages, a spa resort, and the vibrant cites of Tbilisi and Yerevan. This in-depth tour of the historical and cultural monuments of Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Armenia is perfect for fans of history and ancient architecture.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 4-5 hours
Driving distance: 10 km
Advantour offers an optional culinary masterclass on traditional Georgian food. The masterclass includes 3-4 dishes and snacks and takes 4-5 hours. It should be booked in advance. The price is US$60 per person.
We suggest the following activities and places to visit in Tbilisi:
- Georgian National Museum on Rustaveli Avenue – to visit the “Archaeological Treasury” exhibition;
- National Gallery on Rustaveli Avenue – to see the works of the famous Georgian artists Niko Pirosmani, David Kakabadze, and Lado Gudiashvili;
- Tbilisi flea market at Dry Bridge – where you can find antiquities (many of which are from the Soviet era), paintings by local artists, and handmade Georgian souvenirs;
- David Agmashenebeli Avenue – a recently-renovated pedestrian street full of historical buildings that have beautiful facades in the art nouveau, pseudo gothic, and classicist styles with a mix of typical Georgian ornamentation and balconies. All along the street there are plenty of cozy art cafés, galleries, shops, and wine bars;
- Dezertirebi Bazaar – which sells local, natural products including Georgian sweets (such as churchkhela); various types of dried fruits, nuts, and spices; and Georgian cheeses;
- Funicular railway to Mtatsminda Mountain – which offers a beautiful view of Tbilisi;
- Wander in Sololaki – a neighborhood full of art nouveau houses;
- For nature lovers, we offer a day hike to Birtvisi Canyon and Fortress. Contact us to find out more.
For those who are interested in culture, we suggest visiting the State Opera House of Georgia to enjoy a ballet or opera performance (opera.ge). You can find out what other cultural events are on in Tbilisi, and book tickets, at tkt.ge.
- Ararat Brandy Factory;
- Matenadaran Manuscripts Museum;
- History Museum;
- Vernissage souvenir market.
- All transfers (1-2 pax by sedan, 3-4 pax by Mercedes Vito or similar, 5-9 pax by Mercedes Sprinter passenger van, 10-15 pax by 30-seat bus);
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour programme in each country with local, English-speaking guides;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Dinners in Baku (Day 2), Mestia (Days 8 and 9) and Yerevan (Day 15);
- Azerbaijan E-visa;
- Bottled drinking water.
- Full board (lunches and dinners not specified above);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Visa support letter and consular fees for Georgia and Armenia (if required);
- International flight tickets before and after the tour.
|Baku - 3 nights|
|Azcot, Amber, Central Park or similar||Holiday Inn, Intourist, Park Inn or similar|
|Sheki - 1 night|
|Ruma Qala Hotel, Issam||Sheki Saray, Sheki Palace, Marxal or similar|
|Telavi - 1 night|
|Old Telavi, Alaznis Veli or similar||Château Mere, Erekle II or similar|
|Tbilisi - 3 nights|
|Kopala, Tiflis, Brigitte or similar||Tiflis Palace, Rooms, Ambassadori, Mercure, Shota Rustaveli Boutique or similar|
|Kutaisi - 1 night|
|Old Town, Empire or similar||Best Western Kutaisi or similar|
|Mestia - 2 nights|
|Villa Mestia or similar guesthouse||Posta, Banguriani or similar|
|Tskaltubo - 1 night|
|Tskaltubo Plaza||Tskaltubo Plaza|
|Yerevan - 3 nights|
|Cascade, Ani Central Inn, Hrazdan or similar||DoubleTree by Hilton Yerevan, Opera Suite, Grand Yerevan, Tufenkian or similar|