The Central Asia Express Tour is the way to make the most out of a short trip. From the most ancient to the modern day, this is the best tour of Central Asia for those with a little less time. Start with Tashkent, the biggest city in Central Asia, before heading to Samarkand, one of the most ancient. A day trip to Penjikent is a good introduction to the ancient history of Tajikistan. Bishkek is a modern capital with a unique spirit. Finish up the Central Asia Express Tour in Almaty, Kazakhstan’s southern capital and a busy city next to stunning mountains. For those with busy schedules, the Central Asia Express Tour is the best tour for getting to know the region and all its best places.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 4-5 hours
Duration of sightseeing tour: 6-7 hours
Sightseeing in Penjikent: Rudaki Museum, a local Bazaar and mosque. Lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch drive to the ruins of ancient Penjikent a major Sogdian city destroyed by Arab conquerors in the 8th century.
Late in the afternoon return to the Jartepa border crossing, customs and passport control, continue to Uzbekistan. Meet your driver and transfer to Samarkand. Arrive in Samarkand, transfer to the hotel.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 3-4 hours
Duration of sightseeing tour: 5-6 hours
- All transfers: 1-2 pax on sedan type car, 3-8 pax on minivan/van;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program with English speaking guides in each country (NB: in Uzbekistan there will be different guides in each city);
- Entrance fees to sights as per itinerary;
- Economy/Business class tickets on trains Tashkent-Samarkand-Tashkent (on rare occasions when the high-speed train is unavailable, we will replace this with the most-comfortable class of regular train);
- Economy class tickets for flight Tashkent-Bishkek.
- Tour leader to accompany the travellers for the whole period of the tour;
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- All costs associated with visas;
- International flight tickets before and after the tour;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- Personal travel insurance.
|Tashkent - 2 nights|
|Grand Mir, Sharq, Grand Capital, Bek, Navruz||Miran, Wyndham Tashkent, Grand Mir, City Palace|
|Samarkand - 2 nights|
|Platan, Meros, Orient, Malika Prime, Rabat, City, Billuri Sitora, Arba, Jahongir, Caravan Serail||Sultan, Grand Samarkand Superior, Grand Samarkand, Platan, Malika Prime, Asia Samarkand|
|Bishkek - 1 night|
|Plaza, Park Hotel, Ambassador or similar||Orion|
|Almaty - 2 nights|