With nine cities in eight days, the Central Asia Express Tour is the way to make the most out of a short trip. From the most ancient to the modern day, this is the best tour of Central Asia for those with a little less time. Start with Tashkent, the biggest city in Central Asia, before heading to Samarkand, one of the most ancient. A day trip to Penjikent is a good introduction to the ancient history of Tajikistan, while Fergana is full of the rich handicrafts and masterworks that best show off the creativity found in Uzbekistan. Osh, in southern Kyrgyzstan, is a diverse city that once held an important place on the Silk Road, and Bishkek is a modern capital with a unique spirit. Finish up the Central Asia Express Tour in Almaty, Kazakhstan’s southern capital and a busy city next to stunning mountains. For those with busy schedules, the Central Asia Express Tour is the best tour for getting to know the region and all its best places.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 4-5 hours
Duration of sightseeing tour: 6-7 hours
Sightseeing in Penjikent: Rudaki Museum, local Bazaar and mosque. Lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch drive to the ruins of ancient Penjikent located within 5 minutes drive from modern Penjikent. Penjikent was a major Sogdian city dating back to the 5th century and was destroyed by Arab conquerors in the 8th century.
Late in the afternoon return to the Jartepa border crossing, customs and passport control, continue to Uzbekistan. Meet your driver and transfer to Samarkand. Arrive in Samarkand, transfer to the hotel.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 3-4 hours
Have a short city tour in Osh, which according to legends was founded by King Solomon 3000 years ago.
Visit Suleiman-Too (Solomon’s Mountain), National Museum of History and Archaeology, and Osh bazaar that has not changed its location from the times when Osh was an important trading center on the Great Silk Road. In the afternoon transfer to local airport for flight to Bishkek. Upon arrival you will be transferred to the hotel.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 5-6 hours
- All transfers: 1-2 pax on sedan type car, 3-8 pax on minivan/van;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program with English speaking guides in each country (NB: in Uzbekistan there will be different guides in each city);
- Entrance fees to sights as per itinerary;
- Economy/Business class tickets on trains Tashkent-Samarkand-Tashkent, Tashkent-Margilan;
- Economy class tickets for flights Osh-Bishkek, Bishkek-Almaty;
- Visa support letter for Uzbekistan visa.
- Tour leader to accompany the travellers for the whole period of the tour;
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Consular fees for tourist visas;
- Visa support for Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan tourist visas;
- International flight tickets before and after the tour;
- Personal travel insurance.
|Tashkent - 2 nights|
|Grand Mir, Sharq, Grand Capital, Bek, Navruz||Miran, Wyndham Tashkent, Grand Mir, City Palace|
|Samarkand - 2 nights|
|City, Platan, Billuri Sitora, Jahongir, Caravan Serail, Malika Classic||Sultan, Grand Samarkand Superior, Grand Samarkand, Platan, Malika Prime, Asia Samarkand|
|Fergana - 1 night|
|Asia Fergana||Asia Fergana|
|Bishkek - 1 night|
|Plaza, Park Hotel, Ambassador or similar||Orion|
|Almaty - 1 night|