Feel the charm of the East in an eventful Eight-Day Cultural Uz-2 tour by train, where you will have detailed excursions to historical places of Tashkent, Samarkand, Khiva and Bukhara. You will enjoy unique monuments of the IX-XIX centuries and learn the rich culture and traditions of the Uzbek people. The main tour program includes a visit of the well-known Registan Square, the Bibi-Khanum Mosque of Tamerlane’s beloved wife in Samarkand; the Mausoleum of the Bukhara rulers from the medieval Samanid dynasty, Kalyan Minaret - the highest one in Old Bukhara, grandiose Ark Fortress-Citadel in Bukhara; and Itchan-Kala, a town of oriental fairy tale in Khiva.
Meet your guide and driver and start sightseeing capital of Uzbekistan, the biggest city in Central Asia. Visit Old City part of Tashkent with Khast-Imam Complex where the world famous Quran of Caliph Uthman– Ottoman has been preserved. In Khast-Imam visit Madrasah of Barak-Khan, Tilla Sheikh Mosque, Mausoleum of the Saint Abu Bakr Kaffal Shashi and the Islamic Institute of Imam al-Bukhari. Explore Chorsu Bazaar. Then take a ride on Tashkent Metro to the city center to walk through Amir Timur Square, Independence Square and Applied Arts Museum.
At 19:30 transfer to the train station. Take an overnight train to Urgench departing at 21:00, and arriving on the next day at 10:09 (1093 km, 13 h. 09 min.). Overnight in the train.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 5-6 hours
Duration of sightseeing tour: 5 hours
Duration of sightseeing tour: 6-7 hours
Duration of sightseeing tour: 3-4 hours
Duration of sightseeing tour: 4-5 hours
- All transfers: 1-2 pax by sedan type car; 3-7 pax by minivan type car; 8-13 pax by 30 seat bus, 14 pax and more by 40-50 seat bus;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program in each city with local guides;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- SV-class (compartment for two) tickets for train Tashkent-Urgench-Bukhara;
- Tickets for trains Bukhara-Samarkand-Tashkent (on rare occasions when the high-speed train is unavailable, we will replace this with the most-comfortable class of regular train);
- Visa support letter for Uzbekistan visa.
- Tour leader to accompany the travellers for the whole period of the tour;
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Consular fees for Uzbekistan tourist visa;
- International flight tickets before and after the tour;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- Travel insurance.
|Tashkent - 2 nights|
|Navruz, Praga, Sharq, Grand Capital, Bek||Wyndham Tashkent, Miran, Grand Mir, City Palace|
|Khiva - 1 night|
|New Star, Qosha Darvoza or similar||Erkin Palace or similar|
|Bukhara - 2 nights|
|As-Salom, Fatima or similar||Omar Khayam, Minorai-Kalon, Devon-Begi, Zargaron Plaza, Asia Bukhara|
|Samarkand - 2 nights|
|Platan, Meros, Orient Star, Malika Prime, Rabat, City||Dilimah, Sultan, Grand Samarkand Superior A, Grand Samarkand Superior B, Platan, Alexander, Minor, Malika Prime, Asia Samarkand|