Uzbekistan’s long history is well represented in its many historical monuments and archaeological sites. From the ancient sites in Tashkent to the untouched rural traditions of the Nurata Mountains, this tour criss-crosses not only the territory of Uzbekistan itself, but also time periods and fields of study. Walk among the remains of Buddhist temples in Fergana and Termez, climb Zoroastrian fortresses near Khiva, and see the main archaeological sites of Uzbekistan’s biggest cities. The Uzbekistan Archaeological Tour is the best tour for getting to know this country, past and present.
Extras to do in the area:
Option 1. Take a guided hike to a waterfall. Have look at petroglyphs on the way. (6-7 km, 2-3 h. one way). Return to the guesthouse.
Cost: $30 for the service of a guide.
Option 2. Take a ride on a donkey.
Cost: $20 for the service of a guide.
Lunch with the local family. In the second part of the day drive to Bukhara. Arrival at Bukhara. Check in and overnight at the hotel.
Return to Bukhara. Enjoy a walking tour with a guide in Old City in the second half of the day. Visit Lyabi Hauz Ensemble, Magoki-Attori Mosque, Chor-Minor Madrasah, trade domes, Kalyan Minaret, Kalyan Mosque and Miri-Arab Madrasah, Ulugbek and Abdulazizkhan madrasahs, Ark Fortress, Bolo-Khauz Mosque, Ismail Samani and Chashma-Ayub mausoleums. Overnight at the hotel.
*It is advised to take lunch-boxes for this trip.
**some parts of the road are presently being renovated.
Free time in the afternoon. In the evening you will be transferred to Urgench airport (30 km, 35 min.) for flight to Tashkent (1093 km, 1 h. 40 min.). Upon arrival transfer to the hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
- All transfers 1-2 pax by sedan type car; 3-7 pax by minivan type car; 8-13 pax by 30 seat bus, 14 pax and more by 40-50 seat bus;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program in each city with local guides;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Economy class ticket for flight Tashkent-Termez and Urgench-Tashkent
- Visa support letter for Uzbekistan visa;
- Dinner and Lunch at the village in Nurata mountains and in Ayaz Kala Yurt Camp.
- Tour leader to accompany the travellers for the whole period of the tour;
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Consular fees for Uzbekistan tourist visa;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- Travel insurance.
|Tashkent - 3 nights|
|Navruz, Praga, Grand Capital||Courtyard by Marriot, Wyndham Tashkent, International|
|Fergana - 1 night|
|Asia Fergana or similar||Asia Fergana or similar|
|Termez - 2 nights|
|Samarkand - 1 night|
|City, Meros, Malika Prime, Rabat or similar||Dilimah, Sultan, Grand Samarkand Superior, Grand Samarkand, Platan or similar|
|Nurata Mountains - 1 night|
|Yahshigul guesthouse at Ashraf, Khayot guesthouse at Yangi Hayot and Rahima Guesthouse at Sentyab||Yahshigul guesthouse at Ashraf, Khayot guesthouse at Yangi Hayot and Rahima Guesthouse at Sentyab|
|Bukhara - 2 nights|
|As-Salom, Fatima or similar||Omar Khayam, Minorai-Kalon, Zargaron Plaza, Asia Bukhara or similar|
|Ayaz-Kala - 1 night|
|Ayaz-Kala yurt camp||Ayaz-Kala yurt camp|
|Khiva - 1 night|
|New Star, Qosha Darvoza or similar||Erkin Palace, Bek Khiva or similar|