A detailed route, historical places and interesting excursions in two Central Asian countries - you can find it all in this 13-day Uzbekistan-Kyrgyzstan Tour. Start with the main sights of Uzbekistan: the busy cities. Tashkent is the biggest city in Central Asia, though beneath the modern buildings there are remainders of ancient settlements. Khiva, Bukhara, and Samarkand are all protected as UNESCO World Heritage Sites, as they are remarkable for their ornate monuments and medieval characters. Kyrgyzstan is a land of pure and refreshing nature. Issyk-Kul is the world’s second-largest alpine lake, and though it is surrounded by snow-capped peaks, it never freezes because of its high salinity. At the far eastern end of Issyk-Kul is Karakol, a diverse little town, and further into the mountains is Kochkor, home to masters who make traditional wool carpets. For those looking for an adventure through Central Asia, the Uzbekistan-Kyrgyzstan tour is the best tour for seeing a lot in a short time and thoroughly exploring these two countries.
: Tashkent – arrival
: Tashkent – Urgench – Khiva
Early morning transfer for flight to Urgench
(1093 km, 1 h. 40 min.). Arrive in Urgench, transfer to the hotel in Khiva
(30 km, 35 min). Later proceed for guided walking sightseeing tour. Spend a day in Ichan-Kala Fortress
, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Visit Mukhammad Aminkhan Madrasah
, Mukhammad Rahimkhan Madrasah
, Juma Mosque
, Tash-Khovli Palace
, Pakhlavan Makhmud Mausoleum
, Minaret of Islam-Khoja
. Free time in the afternoon. Overnight at the hotel.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 5 hours
In the morning depart Khiva and drive to Bukhara
(480 km, 7-8 h)*. The Great Silk Road
once routed through Bukhara and Khiva ran through the Kyzylkum Desert, as the present road** does nowadays. Stop en-route to enjoy views of Amu Darya River and the desert. Arrive in Bukhara late in the afternoon, check in to the hotel. Time for rest and overnight at the hotel.
*As the cafés and restaurants on the way are basic and offer limited menus, you may wish to take a packed lunch on this trip (your hotel or guide can help you arrange this the day before).
**Some parts of the road are not in the best condition.
: Bukhara – Samarkand
Start the second day with a visit to Sitorai Mokhi-Khosa
– the summer residence of Bukhara’s last emir, unique site combining Oriental and Russian architecture. Continue to the Mausoleum of Bakhouddin Naqshbandi
and Chor-Bakr Necropolis
. At 14:40 transfer from the hotel to train station
. Take Afrosiyob
train to Samarkand
departing at 15:52, arriving at 17:25 (270 km). Upon arrival the driver will transfer you to hotel in Samarkand. Overnight at the hotel.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 4-5 hours
: Samarkand – Tashkent
Check out from the hotel till noon. Continue sightseeing: visit Shakhi-Zinda Necropolis
, Ulugbek Observatory
and Tomb of Saint Daniel
. Then drive to Konigil village
to explore traditional way of making Samarkand paper from mulberry. Enjoy free time with car and driver at your disposal after sightseeing tour. Late afternoon transfer to the train station
. Take the high-speed Afrosiyob train departing to Tashkent. Upon arrival pick-up and transfer to the hotel.
: Tashkent – Bishkek
Transfer from the hotel to Tashkent International Airport
, check in on flight to Bishkek
(580 km, 1 h 15 min). Upon arrival you will be met and transferred to the hotel. Check-in from noon. Start sightseeing tour: visit Oak Park
, Ala-Too Square
, Statue of Manas
. See Philharmonic Hall and Victory Monument – bright examples of Soviet architecture. Overnight at the hotel.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 3-4 hours
: Bishkek – Issyk-Kul
In the morning transfer to Issyk-Kul
(250 km, 4-5 h), the second largest mountain lake in the world (1600 m above sea level). In Cholpon-Ata
– the rock carvings made by prehistoric people lying under the open sky, and visit Ethnographical Museum
. Arrival at the hotel, check-in. Free time in the afternoon for swimming and rest on the beach of Issyk-Kul lake. Overnight at the hotel.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 2 hours
Meals: breakfast, dinner
: Issyk-Kul – Karakol
: Karakol – Jety-Oguz – Kochkor
In the morning depart to Kochkor
(270 km, 5 h.). On the way visit Jety Oguz
Gorge famous for its beautiful red sandstone rocks. Your will hear different legends about two different names of the gorge – “Seven Bulls” and “Broken Heart”. Take a two hours walk to the waterfall. Lunch in the yurt camp. Continue driving to Kochkor. Dinner and accommodation in the house of Kyrgyz family. Enjoy traditional Kyrgyz meal “Beshbarmak” for dinner.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner
: Kochkor – Bishkek
Visit the felt carpet workshop in Kochkor, where you can participate in manufacturing the souvenirs making them out of felt and then buy them. Lunch at Kyrgyz family house. Depart to Bishkek (230 km, 3 h). Stop on the way to see Burana Tower
, what has left from the ancient city of Balasagun
Arrival to Bishkek, transfer to the hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
Meals: breakfast, lunch
: Bishkek – departure
Check-out from the hotel till noon. Transfer to the airport. End of the tour.
- All transfers: 1-2 pax by sedan type car; 3-7 pax on minivan/van, 8-13 pax by 20 seat bus;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Guided sightseeing tour program, in Uzbekistan local guides in each city;
- Entrance tickets to the sights as per itinerary;
- Economy class tickets for flights Tashkent-Urgench, Tashkent-Bishkek;
- Tickets for trains Bukhara-Samarkand-Tashkent (on rare occasions when the high-speed train is unavailable, we will replace it with the most-comfortable class of regular train;
- Tour leader to accompany the travelers for the whole period of the tour in Kyrgyzstan (except for the day 13 – transfer to the airport);
- Felt making show in Kochkor;
- Mineral water 1l pax/day;
- Starting 8 persons English speaking tour leader from Advantour in Uzbekistan;
- Starting 10 persons +1 person travels free of charge accommodated in single room;
- Visa support letter for Uzbekistan visa.
- Tour leader to accompany the travellers for the whole period of the tour in Uzbekistan;
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Consular fees for Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan tourist visas;
- Visa support for Kyrgyzstan tourist visa;
- Registration in Kyrgyzstan (20$);
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- Travel insurance.
Prices per person
Winter discount of 10% valid until the end of February 2024.
Prices are for 2023 in US$ per person, with discounted prices for larger groups available on request.
/ Karven / Baytur or similarComfort
/ Karven / Baytur or similar
Matsunoki GH / Tagaytay hotel / My hotel
/ Грин ЯрдComfort
78 hotel 3+* Karagat hotel
Guest House Mira or Fatima
Nomad Lodge hotel or Olive hotel
Uzbekistan-Kyrgyzstan Tour - 3 Reviews
No tour reviews have been posted yet.