It is hard to imagine to be away from an everyday life for a month. Thus, if you can afford it, we offer you to take a trip to a fantastic travel across 9 countries of Central Asia and Caucasus. On your road, like the travelers of the past, there will be walks to the most colorful cities, visit to wonderful sights, meeting different people and impressions for the entire life.
The tour will be gradually take you from East to West as did caravans thousands of years ago, filled with silk, spices and jewels. First you will see unusual China with its western cities of Urumqi and Kashgar, where there is still trade running in big bazaars. After, you will have a trip to a spellbinding beautiful mountain passes of Kyrgyzstan, and an overnight in a yurt on the shore of the Lake Son-Kul. After Kyrgyzstan, you will have a short visit to Kazakhstan, where the northern branch of the Great Silk Road used to pass. From there, you will travel to the southern branch of the route - to Tajikistan famous for its amazing mountains and lakes. The main and the most intensive part of the tour will be a trip to the centuries-long monuments of Uzbekistan – you will have excursions to mosques, medreses and bazaars of Tashkent, Samarkand, Bukhara and Khiva. The Central Asia tour will be concluded with a trip to Turkmenistan, the largest part of which is covered with a desert. Here you will pay a visit to ancient cities of Merv and Kunya-Urgench.
The second part of the Great Silk Road Tour will be a trip to three countries of the Caucasus. First, you will meet Azerbaijan: Baku, where the past and the future are perplexed in quiet old quarters with medieval sights and modern business centers with wide streets. Take an excursion to the city outskirts, to the monuments of different epochs. Georgia will charm you with its churches, well-known cuisine and lovely wines. The last country in this vast trip will be Armenia. You will see numerous churches that differ considerably from the Georgian ones, and some even refer to the Greek architecture.
35 days tour will be an interesting life in another world. Impressions will surely be for more than one book. Take this journey and create your own story.
In the afternoon, transfer back to Urumqi. Visit Xinjiang Museum, the main institution to collect and investigate the unearthed cultural relics and specimens in Xinjiang, and Erdaoqiao Market, the largest Bazaar in Urumqi.
Overnight at Urumqi.
Additional meals: dinner
Additional meals: lunch, dinner
Visit Old City part of Tashkent with Khast-Imom Complex where the world famous Quran of Caliph Uthman – Ottoman has been preserved. In Khast-Imom visit Madrasah of Barak-Khan, Tilla Sheikh Mosque, Mausoleum of the Saint Abu Bakr Kaffal Shashi and the Islamic Institute of Imam al- Bukhari. Explore Chorsu Bazaar. Then take a ride on Tashkent Metro to the city center to visit Applied Arts Museum and walk through Navoi Theater to Amir Timur Square where you will end Tashkent city tour. Free time in the afternoon. Overnight at the hotel.
Spend your afternoon in fascinating Old Bukhara which is listed in UNESCO World Heritage List. Explore Kalyan Minaret, Kalyan Mosque and Miri-Arab Madrasah, Magoki-Attori Mosque, madrasahs of Ulugbek and Abdulazizkhan, trade domes, Lyabi Hauz Ensemble, Chor-Minor Madrasah. Overnight at the hotel.
Today you will visit Ichan-Kala Fortress, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The tour features visits to Mukhammad Amin Khan Madrasah, Mukhammad Rahimkhan Madrasah, Kalta Minor, Juma Mosque, Toshkhovli Palace, Pakhlavan Makhmud Mausoleum and Islom Khodja Minaret, the highest minaret in Uzbekistan.
Free time in the afternoon. In the evening you will be transferred to Urgench airport (30 km, 35 min) for flight to Tashkent (1093 km, 1 h 40 min). Upon arrival transfer to the hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
In the evening enjoy welcome dinner at local restaurant. Overnight at the hotel.
Return to Baku. Overnight at hotel.
Arrival in Sheki for overnight.
At the border, you will say goodbye to your guide, go through border formalities, and cross the neutral territory on foot (500 m). After exiting Georgian border control point you will meet your Georgian guide and start exploring the Eastern part of Georgia famous for its viticulture and winemaking traditions. We will pass through the beautiful landscapes of vineyards and wine-producing villages. We will stop at the unique wine cellar “Khareba” located in the tunnel carved out of the rock. Originally built for military purposes, today the tunnel is used to store Kakheti’s finest wines. Wine tour and wine tasting. Continue to your hotel for overnight.
Additional meals: dinner
We have compiled the list of suggestions what to do or visit in Tbilisi:
- Georgian National Museum on Rustaveli Avenue 3/10 to visit the "Archaeological Treasury" exhibition
- National Gallery on Rustaveli Avenue to see the works of famous Georgian artists Niko Pirosmani, David Kakabadze, and Lado Gudiashvili;
- Tbilisi flea market at Dry Bridge where you can find antiquities, many of which are from the Soviet period, paintings by local artists, and handmade Georgian souvenirs;
- Recently renovated David Agmashenebeli Avenue, a pedestrian street full of historical buildings with beautiful facades made in art nouveau, pseudo gothic, and classicist styles with a mix of typical Georgian ornamentation and balconies. All along the street there are plenty of cozy art cafés, gallery/shops, and wine bars;
- Dezertirebi Bazaar, with local natural products such as Georgian sweets – churchkhela, dry fruits, various kinds of nuts, spices, and Georgian cheeses;
- Funicular railway to Mtatsminda Mountain to contemplate Tbilisi’s from the beautiful view;
- Wander in Sololaki, a neighborhood full of art nouveau houses.
For those who are interested in culture, we suggest visiting the State Opera House of Georgia and enjoying ballet or the opera.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 9-10 hours
Driving distance: 370 km
In the evening, visit traditional Armenian restaurant for a firewall dinner. Overnight at the hotel.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 6-7 hours
Driving distance: 50 km
We will then drive to Garni, the only pagan temple in Armenia that survived the introduction of Christianity in the 4th century. Next stop is the monastery complex called Geghard (“spear”). The beautiful landscape of Geghard is framed by towering cliffs. Decorative art cut into the rocks reflect and explain Medieval development in this part of the world. The complex appeared in the 4th century around the sacred spring inside of the cave. Return to Yerevan. Overnight at the hotel.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 7-8 hours
- All transfers: 1-2 pax on sedan type car, 3-6 pax on minivan/van;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program in each country with local guides (in China, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan, different guides in each city);
- Entrance fees to sights as per itinerary;
- All regional flights in economy class cabin: Urumqi-Kashgar, Almaty-Dushanbe, Mary-Ashgabat, Urgench-Tashkent, Tashkent-Baku;
- Business/Economy class ticket for train Tashkent-Samarkand as per option (on rare occasions when the high-speed train is unavailable, we will replace this with the most-comfortable class of regular train);
- Azerbaijan tourist e-visa;
- Visa support letter for Uzbekistan visa;
- Visa support letters for Chinese, Turkmenistan, and Tajikistan tourist visas;
- Permits to cross Torugart pass (China to Kyrgyzstan);
- Camp style dinner and breakfast at Darvaza crater (Turkmenistan), as well as utensils and necessary equipment for staying in tents (sleeping bags, sleeping mats, pillows, dining table, chairs);
- Felt carpet workshop in Kochkor, Kyrgyzstan;
- Wine tasting in Kakheti region, Georgia;
- Additional meals as per itinerary.
- One person accompanying the travellers for the whole tour as a tour leader;
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- A tax of 2 US$ per night in Turkmenistan, paid to the hotel upon check out;
- Consular fees for tourist visas and Turkmenistan migration tax (12 US$);
- Visa support for Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Armenia tourist visas;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- International flight tickets before and after the tour.